Well, there's not much to say, other than the fact that I missed the start of term feast in the Great Hall. There is actually a story behind that, which is rather a shameful nature to write, but I shall go ahead and record it here. For memories that are not recorded are lost upon death and most Slytherins would not want to die... at least that is what I have been told.
The day started off perfectly fine and Rowena - she's one of my room mates this term - and I were unpacking our things. I heard something make a really large crash in the Common Room, only when I looked out there, there was nothing except for some man with long-ish hair and a really big nose. At the time, I did not know this was Professor Snape and I assure you detention could have been avoided had I known.
"Hello there." I said. I saw he had spilled something that looked like a greenish liquid, about the color of freshly cut grass. "Are you a student? Or are you just visiting us here? And if so, how'd you get access to our Common Room?" I drew my wand and pointed down at the broken glass covering the floor.
In retrospect, that may not have been the wisest idea. For that, I got detention and I would be mortified if anyone else found out. If that is truly the case, I shouldn't be writing it in here, but Father - being the eternally wise Ravenclaw he is - told me that you'll repeat the same mistakes over and over until you actually take the time to learn from them.
And for that comment - and drawing my wand, no doubt - Professor Snape gave me detention. I doubt he wanted Slytherin to start off with negative House Points this term. I spent most of the time scrubbing out old cauldrons and labeling Potions supplies. I suppose it could have been worse, but I hope he does not choose to tell my classmates or fellow Slytherins where I was. I do not know how well he can keep a secret, but I think it'd be pretty well. After all, he is a Slytherin and we are excellent at not telling people what they want to know.
-Argentia
P.S. Now I shall either have to find a way to charm this thing into locking or hide it under my pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment