I do both. I am not very good at either, but I know the basic stitches and a few simple techniques. I recently taught myself how to knit in the round using dpns, which was very exciting.
2. How long have you been at your craft?
I've only been knitting since sometime last winter or spring. I have been crocheting for less time than that, perhaps about six months. Neither is done very seriously, though; I know that if I put more effort in, I could be quite a bit better than I am now. I could also be a lot better if I knew how to follow patterns more closely...
3. Do you spin?
Only around in circles. No, I do not spin yarn. I buy mine at Walmart.
4. What type of spinning do you do?
See answer to above question.
5. Are there any other crafts you participate in?
I do quite a bit of calligraphy, which is the art of fanciful lettering. I have special pens for that, but mostly I use various markers I have lying around my room. If you want to see some of my calligraphy, just ask me. ^_^
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I really like anything soft... either DK or worsted weight works well for the projects I look at. *shrugs* I like to be surprised.
7. What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?
Anything scratchy or pink. I guess that's more of a color-thing. I don't care for wool much or the kind of yarn that has little sparkly threads woven in. That just gets annoying.
8. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
I'd love to work with something that's dyed specifically to lend itself to make a simple pattern pretty. Similar to the variegated yarn. I love working with anything soft, though.
9. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
Considering I'm pretty much brand new.... I like doing projects that I can understand the instructions for; instructions are the hardest part about knitting or crocheting for me. I've enjoyed making the snake I'm working on. Toys are always welcome. I'm also really looking for armwarmers, so I'll probably end up making those.
10. What are you currently working on?
I'm currently working on Severus, the snake I've mentioned around the CR before. As soon as I get the yarn - and assuming they have it at Walmart - hopefully I'll be making a scarf for the Special Olympics.
11. Anything you plan to start this autumn?
Maybe a small-scale amigurumi project and that scarf for the Special Olympics... plus the stuff for my spoilee.
12. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
I've given everything I've made away before I could take pictures of it really. :( Pictures of a snake I made for a friend are up on Ravelry, though.
13. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
Yes! Firstly, how to read a pattern better. I think that's just me being lazy - I didn't learn using patterns - and I'd also really like to learn how to cable. And be able to make socks... I should know how to make socks if I have a decent (and beginning) pattern, as I know all the stitches involved.
-Tia <3

No comments:
Post a Comment