Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jr. Death Eater Coffee Cozy


So, we had an assignment for Professor Stylos' Apparition class. We had to knit or crochet a mug cozy in House colors. Since I am of the noble House of Salazar Slytherin, I used green and silver (well, grey) for mine.

I used an adaptation of this pattern, Cascade 220 yarn and size 8 needles (I cast on a few extra stitches and I knit loosely to begin with).

I love the Fair Isle technique and I'm quite excited to get to use this! Not that I drink coffee... silly Muggle drink and self-respecting Slytherin would drink that!

I think this is probably just about the fastest project I've ever made. I knit it all this afternoon in about four or five hours. Now I am just waiting for it to dry because I washed it in a failed attempt at felting. Oh well, such is life. You cannot always get what you want.

1 comment:

YogaKnot said...

LOL awesome. I love it!