Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Arithmancy Assignment

Our wonderful Arithmancy prof has given us an assignment!

Why is it important?
In Muggle schools, they have something called mathmatics, where students learn about numbers and how these numbers work together. After mathmatics, you have algebra and calculus (I only know this because my mother is a Muggle). Muggle schools also have science and our most similar class is Potions, though it helps to be familiar with scientific principles while studying Transfiguration or CoMC. Muggle schools have foreign languages and regular history classes and gym classes, while Hogwarts has Ancient Runes, History of Magic and Quidditch.
In order to get a good education, one must apply him or herself in all different areas. As a student, I enjoyed taking Arithmancy classes, as well as Potions... and Charms. Young wizarding children need to learn many of the same basics as the children in Muggle schools do: how to read and write well and how to perform arithmetic... and Arithmancy is a more complicated version of that.

Extra Credit
Upon calculating my numbers, I found that my first and last name gave a character number of 1, a heart number of 9 and a social number of 1. However, this does not entirely fit my personality. To get a truer scope of who I am, you must use my full name, as that is what I go by, Argentia Synistra Pascal.
With this, I got a character number of 9, a heart number of 1 and a social number of 8. The nine means that I am fully complete. When all is said and done, I don't particularly desire someone else... or really need them. Coupled with the one that is my heart number, I am truly a loner. However, enter the social number. Eights are unpredictable; people have a hard time figuring out what they'll do next.
It's interesting to note that the author's numbers (of her full name) are the same as those of Argentia's, but if you only include her first and last name, the author has a character number of 2.

No comments: